Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 4 - A new hair pack

Well, Its raining cats and dogs and I am not able to get my usual henna pack ingredients.
So, i decided to try out a new hair pack.

Recently, I have read so much about how the coconut oil and coconut products are so very helpful in preventing dryness related to hair. Now that i have been taking care of hair for the past 3 days, I can see that my hair has become really very manageable. So, to add to this care, i want to bring in a coconut hair mask.

Coconut Hair Mask Experience

1. For my Waist length hair, I need about a little lesser than half a coconut.
2. Grate the flesh of coconut, or cut it using knife and grind it in a mixer.
3. Grind , grind, grind with little water, some curry leaves and some fenugreek seeds. Add water little by little and make sure that the mixture is somewhere near a fluffy consistency.

4. Oil your hair, Segregate your hair into partitions and start applying this lengthwise.
5. Shower your hair for at the minimum 20 mins. Rinse the hair and then apply shampoo or conditioner. (I used diluted shampoo for this wash).

* Applying this is very messy. The coconut felt quite rough and some of them did fall on the floor while applying.
* Its very difficult to wash this off. After standing under the shower for nearly 20 mins, i could get this off my lengths, but these are still stuck in my roots and very difficult to remove. Curly hair girls should not venture into this one.

* Its given volume to my hair and made the length extremely soft. So straight hair /limp hair gals can definitely give this a try.

My hair is not very shiny, neither very dull, but has improved a lot, texture-wise. Loving the volume it has added to my length. Given the results, I dont mind it being messy or being stubborn to wash. My hair is loving this, So do I . :)

Do leave your comments & and do subscribe.
Thanks! :)

1 comment:

  1. Have read a lot about the goodness of coconuts packs and even coconut milk...will give this a try next weekend:)

    ReplyDelete